Friday, November 12, 2010

FUZZY, FEATHERY TABLETOP TREES

Ages ago when my boys were toddlers and we were reading a lot of Dr. Seuss, I was inspired to create these whimsical, soft and fluffy tabletop trees. They're made of painted boxes and felt or fleece, feathers, pom poms, and velvet ribbon. Hot glue or the Quick Grab tacky glue will help most of the parts stay in place.

Since I grew up in a house full of girls, I did a couple of pink trees. The very pink one I call my Jessica tree because of the bustle-like ties in the back (sorry you can't see that part in this photo). It's an homage to my sis, Jess, who made her prom dress one year of pretty pink taffeta and had a big bow, bustle-like bump in the back. This one goes on my dressing table – which reminds me to tell you not to forget to decorate your bedrooms for the holidays, it's a great energy boost in the morning to start your day happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment