Thursday, October 7, 2010

In The Beginning...

My holiday crafting began about 10 years ago. My little son, Gunnar, had some Halloween stickers that I just loved. The images included the above of a black cat and Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas (recently saw the Tim Burton MOMA show and was in heaven). Since I was rediscovering my artistic side, I decided to make a mailbox flag using the images. I rigged up some hooks and hung the weather-proofed painted canvas. Still hang it to this day!

Looking back, that spurred on my love of holiday decorating and ultimately crafting. I'm going to scroll through old photos, post them and describe the crafts and hopefully tell a few tales along the way for your amusement. So keep checking back; this will take a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment